Parks & Recreation
Roan Mountain Community Park
Roan Mountain Community Park, located at the corner of US Highway 19E and TN Highway 143 in the village of Roan Mountain, is 30+ acres of fun for the entire community. Take in a ball game, walk along the Doe River on part of the Overmountain Victory Trail, fish, play on the playground, relax or enjoy a picnic, birthday party or family reunion.
- FARMERS’ MARKET (in season)
- Baseball/softball and T-ball fields
- Children’s playground
- Walking tracks – 0.25 and 0.4 mile loops
- Picnic pavilions – 4 available, 2 of which may be reserved with a kitchen, restrooms and stage (423-772-3010)
- Stage/Pavilion (with power and lighted)
- Disc golf course – no charge, 110 Caldwell Road
- Community Garden – you plant, you harvest
- Happy Trails Park 135 Old Railroad Grade Road – Horse trailer parking and trailhead, fishing, access to Carter County’s Tweetsie Extension and a canoe/kayak landing
- Access to the Doe River Fishing Trail
The park is operated by the Roan Mountain Recreation Foundation under the supervision of the Carter County Parks & Recreation Board.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For More Information or to reserve a facility, contact Roan Mountain Recreation Foundation at 423-772-3010.
Interested in helping the park become an even better place to relax and play? Contact RMRF.